If you don`t have a signature form, make sure your answer is a clear explanation that agrees with the work in progress. With the notice, you should include a letter with your intentions and planned work. An example of this letter can be included in The Party Wall Act brochure. In this letter, you should include the following: If you intend to have to work under the law, you must also inform your neighbour of the start of the work. The people who need to receive a notification depend on your project, as you may need to send notifications to a number of different people who may not necessarily have the same limit. The first recipients of your messages will be all the owners above the party wall and several people could be involved. Your neighbours have 14 days to respond to the notification with written permission or refusal. An authorization means that your notification is valid for one year and work can begin. A refusal (or no answer) means that you are in conflict. This is the case if you may need to hire an impartial surveyor to set the party price or agreement. The Party Wall Act 1996 does not apply to Scotland and Northern Ireland, where the common law is used to resolve issues relating to party walls. Once the notification of the proposed work is delivered, your neighbour can either: The service notification can be made free of charge, with appropriate standard forms or by a wall party surveyor for a flat fee.

A confirmation letter for the neighbour is usually included. You should tell your neighbours if you want to carry out construction work near or at your common land border or „party wall“ in England and Wales. Two months before the start of the work, you must inform all the rightful owners of a building affected by your building project. If you have an architect, you can report it when/if it needs to be done. Under the party wall, etc. The 1996 Act, neighbors have 14 days to respond. You must continue to comply with the provisions of the law. B Avoid unnecessary inconvenience, protect buildings and temporary land if necessary, and compensate your neighbour for loss or damage caused by the work.